Thursday, June 17, 2021

Carla in the ER by Patrick Stream

Here's a few of the more humorous episodes from the morning ER visit with Carla. She is really good at using humor to cope:
1. The lab tech comes in in teal scrubs and says his name is Josh. My wife says "I have a son named Josh! Oh, I'd look really good in that color wouldn't I Patrick?
2. The ER Doc leaves and my wife says "What's his name? Dr. Tight Shirt? Dr. Muscles? He's nice."
3. Her heart rate monitor would send a loud alert every 5 minutes or so. The first time she said "Pat, get the paddles. This is a code red. Clear. I've watched House I know what's going on here."
4. When I returned after she took a nap I asked how she slept and she said, "You ever sleep with your shoes on before? It's weird."
5. As they're discharging her the machine turns off. She asks "Am I dead? Is this heaven?"
6. When the discharge nurse came in she introduced herself and then Carla said "This is my face, for now."
7. The discharge nurse told Carla that she was ready to go and she could leave. Carla said "Don't I get to take a baby? Every time I've left the hospital I got to take a baby."

No comments: