Friday, June 20, 2008

Cowboy Josh

Joshua was on a cattle drive of sorts last night. We stopped at the grocery store and I asked him to hop out and round up the stray carts. He ran across the parking lot and wrangled about 5 of them. I came over to help and he let the carts go as they hit a little incline and he raced after another one. Git Along Little Dawgies! Oh man. Mommy was trying to get 5 carts back together as they gathered speed. I stopped two from plowing into a car! Yelling, "Joshua get over here!" didn't seem to help. In all we managed to get 6 carts back in the cart corral. Joshua will soon be learning the One Cart At A Time Rule.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A couple of nights ago, I had my 4 in our van out doing errands when a storm hit. Torrential rain and wind. The parking lot seemed to be on somewhat of an incline, because we watched as those carts started careening across the lot on their own. I began slowly driving down an aisle to leave, when suddenly they started chasing OUR van! Everyone was screaming (and laughing) - Mom!! Drive faster! Watch out! Here comes another one!

We won that game of dodge cart. But it doesn't really matter. For some reason unbeknownst even to us, we seem to be unable to maneuver in our own driveway and in and out of our own garage bays. Ding! We have a winner.

kristi noser said...

Karla--lol, you totally need a blog girl!

Anonymous said...

Coming to the blogosphere in the fall of 20__...

Ok, so I try to keep my blog entries to myself, but every once in a while they slip out on this here blog.
Oops.