Thursday, August 06, 2009

The Reason

I have posted about the triathlon here and here and here. My body screams for mercy and cries, "WHY??" I will tell you why. My daughter Aubrey died in an abortion on September 5th, 1990. The race is scheduled for September 5th, 2009. I want to run this race in loving memory of my girl and to bring an awareness to others that women DO regret their abortions and that there is hope and healing in abortion recovery.
I also want to raise some funds for the River Falls Pregnancy Helpline. They help women in unplanned pregnancies and give to them all of the things I wanted for myself back then. I would like everyone to know that there is help available. If you would like to prayerfully considering donating, you may go here for paypal or send a check to me.
Carla Stream
Box 1418
Hudson, WI 54016

Thank you!

4 comments:

Karla with a K said...

Thanks for sharing that. I kind of was wondering where your motivation was coming from --- with the seaweed swamp swims and all.
You're a great mom.
:)

Chris Arsenault said...

Carla - that's great. Holding you up in prayer.

:o) Rachel said...

((hugs)) I think it is awesome that you are running in memory of your child.
:o) Rachel

Melissa said...

Amen! Way to go!! OXOXO