Friday, July 24, 2009

Swimmin

I did it. I swimmed, swammed and swummed in the St. Croix River to start the training for the triathlon. Ew. It was disgusting. A seaweed swim, if you will. With every forward stroke my hands were covered and my feet were brushing seaweed. I said a friendly hello to all of the jumping fish and swam. It was tough. I went from one buoy and back again and got out. That is when my husband informed me I needed to do that maneuver not ONCE, but TWICE. I did. I'm done.

6 comments:

Henrietta G. Tavish said...

I can't tell you how many times I've been covered with a disgusting green slime. Not from swimming, though.

erin said...

Good work! Good work! GOOD WORK!

Karla with a K said...

I already had a lot of respect for you.

I'm with you - EW.
What Erin said.

Janet said...

Ew too. Is this where the race will be?

Carla said...

Yep. Right now I swim back and forth in the roped off swim/weed area. The race will go straight out into the river and back. Thinking about using a jetski.

Karla with a K said...

A jetski.
LOL!