Wednesday, August 05, 2009

No GPS

I think Murphy's Law is something like all things go wrong that can go wrong. I wonder if Murphy had 4 children? I thought it might be fun to head to a totally new and different and out of the way park yesterday. I had a map and directions from my husband that made zero sense to me. Something about a u-turn and WI/MN 95 Manning S blah, blah, blah. I shouldn't have even bothered but I wanted adventure in the great wide somewhere!! So I started off in what was most likely the wrong direction and ran into road construction and road closings and I told the children I was so sorry but Mommy can't find her way out of a paper bag. I can still save the day though! Onward to another park full of awesomeness and fun and a picnic for five.

7 comments:

zcoffeegirl said...

I think I know what park you are talking about..it's quite a ways up...and I had to take a detour last time...way to go finding another one!!! Let me know if you want to try again and I'll go with you in August..wait..it's still August, isn't it? Oi.

Carla said...

Thank you coffeefriend. It's May. Schools out for the summer!! :O

zcoffeegirl said...

Hahahahaha....hey..if this makes you feel any better, my cherubs are home one more week than yours. We don't go back to school until the 8th.

Carla said...

How about this...I thought they started the 8th and would have sent them on the 8th until I found out they started the 1st. There ya go.

kristi noser said...

Way to save the parkday my friend!

zcoffeegirl said...

OH man...maybe if I look at the schedule again....it'll be different.....

Janet said...

We start school August 19th. Really. I don't know if I should be happy or sad. Where does the time go?

I feel your pain, Carla. Around here, we have only two seasons. Winter and road construction. :(