Wednesday, August 11, 2021

This Man


Two weeks before my wedding day my dad called to say, "I can't walk you down the aisle. My wife would never speak to me again if I did." I called Stuart and asked him if he would walk me down the aisle. He replied, "I would be honored." I had been a nanny for Stuart, his wife and daughter(before they had twin boys!) At the age of 23 I saw for the first time in my life a loving father and husband. I got a glimpse of what family really means and a longing grew to have that for myself. Stuart passed away 16 years ago today. I was pregnant with my youngest boy, Tim. We named him Timothy Stuart. He once asked me, "Mom why did you name me after a mouse?" "We didn't buddy. We named you after one of the sweetest men that mommy has ever known." I love you and I miss you, Stuart. I thank God for your impact on my life. 💓

No comments: