Friday, November 23, 2012

Gratitude

I have tried to cultivate an attitude of gratitude. There have been seasons in my life of pity parties, comparison to others, depression and woe is Carla.  I received the book 1000 Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are by Ann Voskamp.  I was challenged.  The book itself was difficult to get through.  The writing style was not easy for me and the story of heartache for Ann was soooo sad.  BUT I bought a journal and began writing.  The big things, the little things, I woke up thinking of things to be grateful for and ended the day with them as well.  The pages began to fill and so did my heart.  To overflowing.  To bursting.  Somedays I couldn't wait to scribble IT ALL DOWN on paper before it flew from my brain.  I started on January 6th, 2012 and reached 1000 gifts on July 25th, 2012.  But why stop there?  I continue to write as God's blessings are never ending.

Just a few from me.

#32    A friendship of 32 years with Shelly

#43   Making others laugh

#215 A coat to match my eyes

#508  Feeling beautiful inside

#597 Grocery shopping with my daughter Sarah

#785  Mulch

#796  Thrift store treasures

#988   He restores my soul



If you are needing to be challenged in this area of your life please consider this book for Christmas. :)

No comments: