Friday, April 22, 2011

Being Real 6

Women in abusive relationships won't leave until they have had enough. Sorry to say that can be 20 years or 2 years or after the first slap. Only she can decide when enough is enough. Only she can decide how small she wants to be. For those of us watching and waiting, sooner rather than later would be good. To tell her that she deserved it or that you would have NEVER allowed that is really not helpful nor is asking her, "What the hell were you thinking?!" Or flippantly saying, "Just get over it." She needs your help and support. IMHO emotional abuse hurts more than physical abuse. Bruises fade. The lies of satan will stay until they are smashed underneath the weight of truth. His truth.


1 Samuel 12:22 I am His own.
1 Samuel 16:7 He sees my heart.
2 Kings 20:5 He heals me.
1 Chronicles 28:8 I will pass on an inheritance.
Job 23:10 He knows the way I take.
Psalm 16:11 He gives me eternal pleasures at His right hand.
Psalm 21:6 He makes me glad with the joy of His presence.
Psalm 27:4 I will gaze upon the beauty of the Lord forever.
Psalm 27:10 He will never forsake me.
Psalm 34:18 He is near me.
Psalm 45:11 He is enthralled by my beauty.
Psalm 91:14 He rescues me.
Psalm 103:4 He crowns me with love and compassion.
Psalm 139:14 I am wonderfully made.
Proverbs 12:25 He cheers my heart.
Proverbs 15:4 I speak words of life to others.
Song of Songs 7:10 I belong to Him.
Isaiah 41:18 He makes my wilderness like Eden.
Isaiah 53:4 He bears my pain.
Isaiah 61:3 He gives me a crown of beauty instead of ashes.
Isaiah 61:10 He wraps me in a robe of righteousness.
Isaiah 62:2 He calls me by a new name.
Isaiah 62:3 He crowns me with splendor.
Isaiah 64:8 I am His workmanship.

I hope you have caught the theme of my Being Real posts. Satan has tried to destroy me, through abuse and abortion. God did not allow that. He loves me too much. He has rescued me time and time again. Read and see what the Lord has done!

He brought me out into a spacious place.
He rescued me because He delighted in me. Psalm 18:19

From violent men you rescued me. 2 Samuel 22:49




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love you Carla! Mom

Carla said...

I love you, Mom!

Carla said...

I am so grateful to God that I am no longer there. I am here and here is a beautiful place to be.

Reegz said...

He is altogether lovely! He has made you beautiful Carla. ;)

kristi noser said...

Praise be to our great God and Father.

zcoffeegirl said...

Just caught up on the latest real posts. I feel like sobbing...for your pain, for your healing..all of it. My next thought is - you are so brave. Thank you for being real - God is using your pain and your new freedom for Him. Love you, Carla girl.

Carla said...

Thank you for reading. :)

Oh how He loves us......