Tuesday, January 22, 2008

March For Life 2008

Today in Washington, D.C. a crowd of more than 100,000 is expected to march for life. On January, 22nd, 1973 Roe v Wade and Doe v Bolton were passed. 35 years later more than 48 million babies have been killed, including mine. Women have also been killed having "safe" abortions. Families are devastated. Men are hurting. Women are hurting. Pray with me today that hearts and minds will be changed, that women and men will find hope and healing in Jesus Christ and that we will once again protect and celebrate life at all of its stages.

8 comments:

angie said...

thank you for this reminder! when i was younger i uesd to go to the minnesota capitol to march with my mom. this year i'll protest through prayer.

Jolene said...

Thanks so much for sharing your story to help keep other mom's from going through what you did.

God bless you and your little ones.

erin said...

Thanks for following God's call in your life, Carla.
I will join you in prayer.

Anonymous said...

Yes, Carla, thanks for the reminder. I am praying today.

TheKupkaFamily said...

Carla, I don't know you except through you blog, but I want you to know I am moved and touched by your heart. You are allowing God to make something beautiful out of something not beautiful. I pray that He will continue the work He has began in you. I pray that He will use you even more in this area. I pray for the lives your story is going to touch. I also pray that God will change the heart of our nation.

Anonymous said...

Yes, thanks for the reminder. I read that in the paper over the weekend, but didn't realize today was the march. I am sure with your sharing that you at least give people something to think about - and perhaps you've even saved a life. I think you must have.
Karla

Kara Jo said...

Thinking of you today, friend, as well as the many lives of the unborn whom God holds in His arms.

Heard the end of a good program on Focus on the Family today, with Dr. Nathanson--a former abortion doctor who now fights for the lives of the unborn. Did you hear it or have you heard of his book?

Carla said...

Thank you all for your sweet comments!!
KJ,
I have read a lot of his stuff and other abortionists, nurses, volunteers who have left the industry. Horrifying. The truth of it IS horrifying.