Wednesday, January 23, 2008

A Horse of Course

Some friends needed to find a home for their horse. I offered my home. This kind of horse is the big plastic kind that is held onto a metal frame with metal springs. The olden days kind of thing. I brought it into the house yesterday and enjoyed watching the little boys figure it out. They were so timid at first. Barely even bouncing on it. Timmers actually moved from a trot to a gallop before Nafe. As I made lunch I heard the "scree, scree, scree" of the springs as Nathan yelled, "Ride like the wind, Bullseye!!"

8 comments:

Katie R. said...

Isaiah rides Papa's old horse when we go to Opa and Oma's farm. They keep him in the kitchen and Opa greases up the springs real well before we arrive.

Bullseye is such an excellent horse name. Impressive.

Kelli said...

See? They HAVE been paying attention to the movie. And you thought they'd never learn...

Carla said...

Either that or the Toy Story books on tape I play all night for Nathan. Subliminally speaking.

erin said...

Oh my gosh, I love it.
I love it so much that I'm not sure if I believe you that it really happened.

Carla said...

No lie.

Kara Jo said...

I love it!

You're not giving up on the Toy Story thing, are you! And it's working!

But hey, come on, you could've housed a real horse...you housed the complete set of my family's personal belongings in your garage for a whole summer. :)

Swirlingeddy said...

Sounds like a psychotic hoedown -

MaryLu said...

Ah! A new generation of horsey riders! How cool!