Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloweenies

Dear Freak,
Considering the fact that our block is comprised of wee ones you showed extremely poor taste tonight. You scared the bejeebers out of my daughter. I mean really. You jumped out in your hockey mask and yelled at my children. I suppose you thought being covered in fake blood from head to toe was a nice touch. Sorry, dude. Nightmare City for Sarah tonight. Thanks. I should have snapped your mask when I had the chance.

Dear Other Freak,
I am sorry my daughter wouldn't say Trick or Treat when you prompted her. She is a shy one and we are working on it. I was occupied with Timmers and just found out now that you refused to give my girl any candy because she did not speak to you on cue. Pathetic.

Dear Drinking Buddies,
Thank you for offering me a bunch of beer tonight. My children did not know what to make of you and your swilling friends. I do not drink. Not that you care. Just hand over the candy, bud and let us move along. Happy Halloween Hangover.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm wishing I would have been there tonight. Oh man!

erin said...

Truth be told, I hate this "holiday."
I never understood why my parents wouldn't let us trick or treat. Until I started handing out candy on my own. I'm ready for Thanksgiving...

Carla said...

Believe me our block used to me a little more innocent. UGH!

Carla said...

be not me

Kelli said...

I put Taylor in charge tonight. He handed out a bunch of candy and just chased some "Ding-Dong-Ditch-ers" around the house and out of the yard. Heh heh.

Next year he's posing as the scarecrow on the front porch to nail the nasty ones...

Erin, right there with ya...hate this holiday.

ron said...

Jen and I struggle with this day. We've moved from complete separation, to thinking it's good to engage the neighborhood. I did enjoy seeing a few of the little ones dressed up, but I'm not convinced.

theswamphare said...

Grrr. I'm not going to go find them and kick their ass..I'm not going to go find them and kick their ass...I'm not going to go find them and kick their ass...

sorry, yes I am.

Kelli said...

I found out after my previous post that Taylor wasn't chasing the Ditchers, he was merely planting himself outside in the shadows, waiting for them to try it again.

Next year, boys, next year. If I can't find them, Swampy, I'm callin' you.

Carla said...

As it turns out many of our sweet elderly neighbors have passed on or moved on. So next year I will more prepared, yes?

LadyD said...

be - Again Carla- be, do you not like be? JK/ Laura

Carla said...

be sheesh. I am losin it.