Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Hits

Just when you think life can't possibly get more exciting, it does! Patrick was taking 3 of the 4 cherubs to the carnival yesterday when the van started smoking. Smoke was pouring out from under the hood. It was on fire! Some kind passerby called 911 and my husband pulled into a service station as the firetrucks arrived. WOW! I am very thankful that my family is fine! I am not whining, but how come we must tread water in all things financial? Pat said it best. "The hits just keep on comin!"

6 comments:

kristi noser said...

Oh, Karli, I am sooo sorry. Perhaps, as our cars are the same age, I should be watching for smoke soon....

Carla said...

Thanks Kriddi. Pat is making phone calls as we speak. As for your van, see your friendly mechanic pronto.

erin said...

Man...I'm so sorry. It was seriously on fire? Flaming and everything? Wow. I'm sorry.

Joey said...

Look on the bright side...you quite possibly had the coolest (or at the very least, the most unique) Fourth of July post in the blogosphere!

Hope all goes well with your new excursion with the vehicle. One more opportunity to learn to trust God to provide.

Carla said...

Thanks, man. My children missed the parade on Saturday so when the firetrucks and police cars pulled up they were in heaven! It's all about them.

Carla said...

In the contest for the coolest or most unique July 4th post in the blogosphere...If I win I will take the minivan.