Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Seriously

I am simply amazed at how oblivious children can be. Hold it. I am amazed at how oblivious MY children can be, Sarah in particular. Once or twice(more like thrice) a day there is absolute chaos. When I am trying to make lunch, Nathan hurts himself on something, Dim is crying to be burped, Joshua is playing some loud computer game......I need Calgon. Instead Sarah comes up and asks me if she can paint. I try very hard not to shriek,"WHAT??!!" In a calm Mommy voice I ask her
to look around
tell me what she sees going on
ask herself if this is a good time to paint
Without fail she looks around, tells me the boys are crying, shrugs her shoulders and then says, "I'll get out the painting stuff, Mom."

2 comments:

kristi noser said...

What better time?
Maybe next time she can throw a few pots on the wheel or blow some glass. Y'know Karli, art has no time or place...

Carla said...

I disagree. Art has a definite time and place. I like to call it Planned Spontenaiety.However you spell it, I need it planned!!