Saturday, August 13, 2005

No Kids Allowed

I broke one of my self-promises this morning. I promised myself that for the rest of my life I would not grocery shop with anyone under 4 feet tall. Patrick had to work today and since my children do not appreciate cat food for lunch,(pour a little milk on it and WA LA...cereal) I had to bring them. I had to mentally prepare. In the van..."Come on, Carla you can do this!!" In the store, "Only 12 more aisles to go and you are homefree!!" It actually went fairly well once the free cookies were handed out. Sarah brought her babydoll and kept leaving her everywhere so she could be lost and then found by Sarah the mommy. I overheard her say, "Don't you leave my side again or you'll get a spanking. Say, yes Mommy." As I manuevered I could not find one of them. I rushed through frozen foods, picked up a doll I recognized by the pizzas and there she was. In the refrigerated flower store. Sarah Beara loves to dance around in there and sniff deeply. She came out and said, "That's what heaven is going to smell like!!" I smiled and moved on. Nathan began to whip things out of the cart and chew on the bag of oyster crackers. 2 aisles over I heard Sarah say, "Oops, sorry mom, I'll pick that up!" Thank goodness for Joshua the sauntering 8 year old. One aisle to go....
I noticed when I got home that I bought tons more junk food than I usually do when I'm alone. "Mom, can we have this? and this? and these?" I said YES to all of the above but made it through Econo without getting a headache and with what I thought was a blogworthy story. Mission Accomplished.

No comments: