Friday, July 29, 2005

Meet the Pastor

A couple of years ago after a Saturday night worship service at our church, Patrick and I decided to have a chat with our Pastor. Just a friendly hello, nothing too deep. Joshua was about 6 and Her Royal Sarahness was 3. We walked to the front of the church and Pastor Gregg greeted us warmly. In my mind I envisioned that Joshua would shake his pastors hand and speak politely and Sarah Beara would curtsey of course. I was dumbfounded while watching this scene unfold before my eyes...
Pastor Gregg: "Hey, Josh hows it goin?"
Josh: "Hey, wanna smell my breath?"
Pastor Gregg: "Sure"(bless his heart)
Josh: HHHHAAAAAHHHHHH
Pastor Gregg: "Thats nice, what is it?"
Josh: "Juicy Fruit"
Sarah hopped by with her paws under her neck and looked at Pastor Gregg and said "I'm a bunny." She continued on a few steps and then said, "Oops, I tooted." She giggled and hopped away for more bunny fun.
The sound of silence...
I then said, "WHERE IN THE WORLD ARE THESE KIDS' PARENTS???!!!"

No comments: