Monday, August 12, 2019

Truth

I love raising boys.(and girl, Sarah)I always said since they were younger that they could talk to momma about anything. And so they have.
I was pumping gas and when I got in the van both of my youngest boys were upset.
Mom "What's up?"
Boys "That man right there was staring at you. Like looking you up and down. All over." 
Mom "Ok." 
Boys "Aren't you upset? Aren't you going to do something?"
Mom "No. I wouldn't have known if you hadn't told me. It says more about him than about me. Why are you upset?" 
Boys "Because it's wrong." 
Mom "Why is it wrong?" 
Boys "It makes girls feel uncomfortable and like a piece of meat and it is disrespectful. We should look them in the eye." 
Mom "I guess I did do something about it. I taught you that. So when your friends do it you can say something. Now let's talk about why I pumped gas and you sat in the van."

No comments: