Tuesday, December 09, 2014

Strong Willed Sarah Stream

My girl.  She is something.

Once when she was heading out the door to walk to school as a 1st grader Joshua got ahead of her. She threw a fit and would not leave the yard.  I told her to get walking or she would be late.  Nothing doing.  I went inside and considered giving her a ride.  But I didn't.  I listened to her scream and yell and pound on the window and the door.  I cried.  I prayed.  I wanted her to make the right choice.And finally she did. She moved those feet out of our yard.  She walked to school.  I called her in strong willed.  Not sick.  Strong willed. I explained that my daughter would be late but she would be there. 

On Monday Sarah was under the weather.  Blehhhhhh.  Too sick for school.  I called her in sick.  And she cried. She cried and cried because she didn't want to miss the Science test and then have to make up tons of homework.  She wanted to go to school so badly and I wouldn't let her.

I flashed back from 9th grade to 1st.
And how my SW Sarah has grown.

No comments: