Tuesday, May 15, 2012

I'm Going

The bane of my existence is grocery shopping.  Ok. Maybe I am being a tad dramatic. It is and has always been my least favorite chore EVER! Even when I was a child and had to go to Piggly Wiggly or Hornbacher's or Warehouse Market I would feel like I was dying. Dying I tell you.

Today is the day.  I go on Tuesdays. I am procrastinating by blogging. So how are you doing?  What do you have planned today? What's going on? What's new?

I have made an executive decision to no longer call it grocery shopping as that causes anxiety to rise up in my person.

It shall henceforth be called GET FOOD GO HOME.

6 comments:

kristi noser said...

I don't mind GFGH, but am always trying to better my time--yesterday I spent $135 in 23 minutes. That's gotta be a record.

Keithslady said...

At about the exact time you were posting this I was doing my own grocery shopping with my "big helper" Gabe. There was a small child somewhere in the store screaming when we walked in and I could still here the persistent imp at full volume when we left. I chuckled to myself and thought, "That reminds me of Carla blogging about her Aldi trips." I hope the screaming part is a thing of the past for you now!

Carla said...

My screaming imps are all in school. But those days of bringing them to Get Food Go Home are forever etched in my brain.

Karla with a K said...

Kristi, I was an hour and 1/2 this week - and it was $255. I would hate to see the damage you could do in an hour and 1/2!
jk you know.
I had not been on a thorough trip in several weeks due to a lot of factors.
Carla, I really like GFGH. I'm not sure which I hate more: that 1/2, or the part where you get home and have to put it all away.
Good grief, I just looked behind me and there are still 2 bags of dry goods on the floor from my Monday GFGH.

Carla said...

I did GFGH yesterday.

I say it aloud a couple of times just for good measure!!

GET FOOD GO HOME!!

kristi said...

I always go early in the morning, the cashier loves me..not!