Monday, January 17, 2011

Slow Death

I am driving a ticking time bomb. The van has a part that is set to break through some rust and that will spell doom for the frame and leave it permanently disabled. Nope, don't know the part name but I like flux capacitor. Let's go with that. We will need to begin looking into how a new van will find its way into our family and our budget before this one croaks and goes to that place where vans go when they die. I kind of like the idea of not knowing when disaster may strike. That whole living on the edge thing appeals to me. I don't get out much.

4 comments:

Janet said...

So sorry to hear the news, that's a terrible feeling to have. As an aside, Ford has a major recall now on a rear axle problem on their Windstar mini-van that sounds similar. Maybe one of their dealers could give you a good deal on a repair just to tide you over for a while and give you a little peace of mind. (Maybe you could promise to write about the GREAT FORD COMPANY on your BLOG if they will help you!!!!
:)
Praying for your driving safety! It may sound silly, but I actually have a religious medal in my car from the Sacred Heart Auto League (we Catholics have it all covered, you know). When I look at it I'm reminded to say a prayer for my safety. I don't actually say THIS prayer, but there's one on their website.
http://www.catholictradition.org/Two-Hearts/drivers-prayer.htm

Sorry for getting off track there. (No pun intended.)

Carla said...

Ford gives to Susan G Komen in their Warrior In Pink campaign.

Ours is a Dodge and I am leaving all thoughts of replacement to Patrick.

I do pray for safety, Janet. :)

Anonymous said...

Flux capacitor huh? That's funny! Well look at it this way - you're getting a new van one flux capacitor at a time ... I hope and pray it's not going out soon ...

Lauren said...

Carla,

I know you and Pat have spent a great deal of effort to become completely debt free. BUT, if you find yourself in need of an auto loan, our rates start at 4.39%. I'm with Royal Credit Union if you want some more info!! :)