Sunday, April 05, 2009

Digits

Truth be told, I screen calls. I usually pick up when it is not Blockbuster calling us about our overdue movies. I did not reach the phone in time yesterday and heard someone leave me the phone number to call them back. A helpful tip. Do not say your number like this8884447771212 as fast as humanly possible. Try this instead 8 8 8 4 4 4 7 7 7 1 2 1 2. Pause, please. There is no hurry. Do not rush. Say it twice for good measure. Thrice, even. Carla had to listen to the whole message 4 times while frantically scribbling the number. I spent at least 9 minutes trying to crack the code. Those precious 9 minutes could have been put to better use. Like burning supper or napping.

4 comments:

Karla with a K said...

Mmmmmm. And what did you bur.... I mean have for supper?

Kara Jo said...

Hey, scrap Blockbuster and convert to Redbox, Baby! $1 a day and no annoying phone calls.

Hope you get a nice 9 minute power nap today. :)

Sandra said...

For many years I worked in a job where we took calls (and received many voice mails from) truck salesmen. One time, I heard my co-worker in the next cubicle return a call to a salesman who apparently had done what you just bemoaned, because I heard Al say to the guy, "Get your pen ready, because I'm going to give you the information you requested just as fast as you left your telephone number!" Same with names. People would say the most unusual names in a "throw away" tone as if it were as common as Jim Smith! Amazing.

Melissa said...

LOL I can relate!! That's hysterical!! Good one Carla! ;)