Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Gone But Not Forgotten

I put a huge bag of toys on the curb a month ago for some charity to pick up. The bag held toys that no one played with and I was tired of seeing and hearing. I always imagine the toys going to some other family and being enjoyed again.
This is what I have heard out of Nathan since Monday. "Where is that guy, Mom? The one with the wings and that sword?" "Mom, I can't find the ship that has the place where the guys sit." "Where did I put that thing?" " Remember that one space thing? Where is it??"

Um. Er. Ah.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I just realized it might be kinda cruel of me to tell him "Keep looking buddy, it's around here somewhere." But, I didn't realize you have been dumping the toys.

Carla said...

Cruel to you is quiet time for me.

Anonymous said...

i have found that nap time is a wonderful time to get rid of those toys! i just put them in a bag and drop thanm off at the goodwill down the road that has a drop off window. i never have to get out of the car and my kids have not yet figured out what is in the bags that the man is taking from the trunk. then we too go through a week of asking where this one or that one is. i tell them i have no idea of "didn't your cousin break that the last time he was here."

becky

Carla said...

Becky,
LOL.....didn't your cousin break it?
Thanks. :)

kristi noser said...

I always used to tell the kiddos, "I'm not sure where that is." Which was the truth--I didn't know where in the landfill it was.

Anonymous said...

kristi,
Me too!
"I'm not EXACTLY SURE where that is."

But my kids are on to me...
"MO-OM. Did you throw it away?"
To which I might reply, "Um, maybe. Maybe I did."