Thursday, August 14, 2008

Hot Stuff

I took 3 cherubs with me to WalMart last night. I sometimes think to myself, "It could be fun!" We did manage to find what we needed and I avoided a serious meltdown over a Spiderman backpack by offering candy. Just grab a bag of Skittles, M & M's or Gummy Life Savers and we'll be on our way. Sarah went with Hot Tamales, even after I had warned her. Twice. "Oh, I like these, Mom." I felt bad that I had nothing to douse her tongue with. She cried all the way home and then offered some to her brothers.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a great sharer.

Kara Jo said...

As soon as I read the first line..."took 3 cherubs with me to Wal Mart..." I thought, UH-OH.

You weren't school supply shopping were you? I tried going there this year--what a disaster. I left midway through and went to Target.

Carla said...

I do school shopping a little bit at a time. By the time school starts it will be done. Easier on the pocketbook. :)

Kara Jo said...

Man, that's a good way to do it. You aren't kidding. Especially when you're buying for more than one, and then you add on early bird pictures, lunch money, school fees... Whew!

Carla said...

Class party fee, calculator fee, recorder fee, assignment book fee, rollerskating fee.....cha ching! :)

Every week when shopping at WalMart I just buy 3 things for each cherub.