Thursday, November 01, 2007

Truckin

I saw something that made me smile this week. At a four way stop I admired a huge black truck. It was big and shiny and had an extended cab and even though I don't know what a hemi is, it probably had one of those too. I have coveted trucks for a long time. What made me smile was the driver and her passenger. The driver was older(like older than 42!)and was probably a grandma. Next to her was a little gray haired lady who I assumed was her mother. What a sweet ride for them. Two tiny older women in their big honkin black machine. They roared behind me and I watched them in my rear view mirror. Sweet Irony.

When I grow up I want a truck!

8 comments:

erin said...

Talk about two bad-ass grandmas!

Carla said...

Erin said ass.

Anonymous said...

I covet trailers. I want to grow up and live in a trailer park!

erin said...

No, I said BAD-ASS.

-V- said...

Yup. That's me when I'm 80; better look out, world!! Tallulah #2, with horns...

kristi noser said...

That's the age when youcan AFFORD one of those trucks!

Ang said...

I've always had a thing for big trucks and old muscle cars (especially 69 Camaros) But with three little ones, I guess I'm in the same boat as you. I'll just have to wait.

But once I have the kids out of my house and have paid off all my bills (maybe by 70?) I plan to have a big shiny (actually probably more muddy and dirty) black truck (raised, big tires, floodlights, the works) and a pretty shiny 1969 SS Camaro! Watch out!!!

Carla said...

Ang,
We will meet somewhere. My truck will be red. :)