Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I'm the Dork

In an effort to keep my children undorkified, I have been after Joshua for years about his socks. He pulls up his white socks to his knees. Imagine if you will the look he achieves with shorts and white socks and only his knees showing. Perfection. I tried again this morning as he readied for school. "Joshua, please pull your socks down." He said, "Mom, didn't you teach me not to care what other people think or say about me? Besides I want my legs to be warm." Fine. He got me. He quoted me. Now pull your socks down!

8 comments:

Kara Jo said...

I think pulling your socks up is back in again. So maybe Josh is just ahead of the trends! Just kidding--I have no idea. Either way, I think a little Knobby Knee style is endearing.

theswamphare said...

way to swim against the tide, Josh!

Brillig said...

Ohhhh, twisting your words and using them against you! Hahahaha. Tricky indeed.

Erin said...

My son used to do that too. LOL

Katie R. said...

My cousin is now 35 and we still give him grief over the tanned knees he had in the summer. This was in the day of shorter shorts with that white piping on the edges and white tube socks with the colored bans around the tops. He never caved and continued through the late 70s and 80s with this classic style. I bet Josh is just "doing" a retro style right now.

Kim N. said...

At least they are white. Sometimes when I am at the YMCA I see grown men wearing long black socks with shorts on. That is dorky!!!

Carla said...

Kim, it is for that reason that this Momma only buys the boy white socks.

Anonymous said...

Evan likes to pull his socks way up also. He fights me on it and I just give in.

They find their way...one way or another.