Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The Power of Words

Sometimes my children say things that almost crumble my resolve. Almost. Whether meant to manipulate or not, I can stand on the precipice of reason and hear a tiny voice that begs me to do its bidding. Nathan did not want to nap yesterday. "No. I. Not." Yes, you will says the Mom who has endured a napless Nathan. Gah. After futzing around with his blankie, pillow, sippy cup he resorted to tiny, pitiful wails, meant to change my mind and get him up. "Mommy, I want to be wis yooooooouuuuuuu! I want to be wis you and your famiweeeee!" He had a good, long nap.

1 comment:

Butrfly Garden said...

Sometimes my kids say things that do crumble my reslove. But not until I'm hiding. Strange that manipulation is a borne trait, isn't it?? All kids seem to know how to use it well.