Thursday, June 21, 2007

Health

Communication is the key to any healthy relationship. In my marriage it looks something like this-
Pat "Hey babe, I was going to.."
Josh "Dad, hey Dad, I thought.."
Pat "Josh, I am trying to talk to your mother. You're interrupting. Babe, I was going to tell you.."
Sarah "Mommy, Nathan took my skateboard."
Mom "Sarah you're interrupting. Nathan give Sarah back her skateboard. What Pat?"
Pat "I wanted to tell you about skating this morni.."
Timmers "Babababab Daddadaaa baaaaaaaaa!"
Nathan(screaming his head off)"It mine, mine, mine! Give it back!"
Mom "Nathan stop screaming and try that again. So, how was your skate this morning, Pat?"
Pat "Fine. I'll talk to you later."

Later means saying goodnight before collapsing in bed. In my professional opinion, we are just a stone's throw from healthy.

7 comments:

idnak said...

I sympathize with you, Karli. My conversations are pretty similar - and I only have two chilluns.

Unknown said...

Yeah, email and instant messaging is not really working either is it?

I remember once trying to communicate to you via these comments and someone told us to get a room.

What are we to do?

kristi noser said...

Get a room. Wonderful for relationship building.

Anonymous said...

I'm feeling your pain....I think you have to make a date on the calendar, even if it's only for a glass of ice water at the kitchen table. Tell your bossy grocery story owner that you need a restaurant to open so you and your husband can have a date. A quiet table in the corner, please.

moosh in indy. said...

At least you get goodnight.
Sheesh. One kid looks more and more appealing everyday.

Shauna Loves Chocolate said...

The story of my life!

Brillig said...

This all sounds uncomfortably familiar...