Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Blue

Sarah came out of roomtime yesterday sporting a new look. She had colored her earlobes blue with a marker. I didn't say what I wanted to. WHY? I gave her a squeeze and took it in stride. It is such a Sarahthing to do. It is part of who she is and what she does. I appreciate that. I enjoy her creativity. With toothpaste in the bathroom? Not so much. It wasn't long before Joshua noticed as well. He seemed puzzled and asked all of the questions I didn't. Over supper I realized I had overlooked one important element of her new look. For reasons known only to Her Royal Sarahness, only her left earlobe was blue.

8 comments:

idnak said...

The hair is next.

Carla said...

Again with the hair?!

Brillig said...

Hahaha. She's clearly an artistic fashion goddess in the making. One day, we'll ALL have blue toothpaste on one lobe. She's way ahead of the rest of us...

Carla said...

Brillig,
Feeling better?
I have to go color my earlobes.

Anonymous said...

Oh goodness! She did this with toothpaste? Or marker? Lemme go back and read that. I missed something didn't I?

Carla said...

She did the earlobe with marker. She paints the bathroom with toothpaste. Sometimes I assume all of my blogfriends live in my house, or at least in my head.

erin said...

OK. I read this earlier today, and to be honest, I still don't know what to say. I think it's absolutely hilarious. What kinds of questions did Josh ask? What were her answers? I'm dying to know!
p.s. I can't believe you dropped the effenheimer and I missed it.

Carla said...

Joshua said, "Your earlobes are blue. Why? Why did you color them blue? What for?"
Sarah smiled and walked away.(She doesn't know why she did it.)
Sorry you missed it, Erin. Not a moment I am all that proud of.