Monday, October 28, 2019

Gahhhhhhh

I got a crisis call today from my wife Carla
She described the following real life scenario:
-she was sound asleep for an afternoon nap
-she was awakened by Lola (cat #1) meowing and purring loudly from the end of the bed
-she inquired of Lola about what was happening
-Lola was excited about what she brought onto the bed and let her prize go
-a mouse scurried from Lola's paws toward my wife's face
-she screamed and lept from the bed
-landed on her left side
-hitting her arm on a bookshelf
-peed
-and ran screaming from the room
-oldest son was home and came to the rescue
-she yelled to him from the couch under a blanket
-he found the mouse under the iPad
-scooped it up in a bucket and brought it outside
-mouse escaped to live and haunt my wife another day
-Lucy (cat #2) was found stress eating again
-I comforted my wife as best I could and said I needed to get back to my meeting

No comments: