Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Praying for Orlando

Dear Lord,
My heart is heavy. I am so sad that this is where we are. And I want to deny it and ignore it and stay in a tiny bubble where I can pretend that everything is fine. But it isn't. The sin, the evil, the ugliness and injustice are too much for me to bear today. But it is never too much for You. I am in awe once again at your infinite patience with us. How you hold back Your wrath. How your heart must break over what humanity does to one another.
I pray that you comfort those who lost precious loved ones yesterday in Orlando. Draw near to their friends and their families. Send peace and solace amidst the pain. Heal their broken hearts. Bind up their wounds. Let them see and feel Your love through us.
Send rescuers. Send heroes. And let us get word today of brave acts of selfless love. That others rushed in while so many were rushing out. I cannot fathom the horror. The terror they must have felt.
I ask that you heal those that are hospitalized right now. That you bring skilled and wise doctors and nurses and surgeons to heal broken bodies. Surround the wounded with loving care and tenderness.
I pray for justice Lord. I long for justice. That this despicable act not go unanswered. That it not be allowed to stand without swift and decisive action. That these wicked acts might end. That this would be the last one!! But I know better. So I look to You. I trust in You and I wait in You. You are not indifferent. You do not stand far off. You have not abandoned us. You are faithful and loving and true and what you promised to do YOU WILL DO and I find great comfort in that.
Forgive me, Lord for my sins. For my thoughts and actions that are not of You. For the ways I have treated others that are precious in Your eyes.
Hear my cries. Hear my lament. Calm my fears. You incline Your ear to listen to me. You incline Your ear to hear my prayer.
I love you Lord. I ask all of these things in the mighty name of Your Son, Jesus Christ. Amen.
The Lord is close to the broken hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Psalm 34:18
And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you. 1 Peter 5:10

No comments: