Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Yeah. Real Mature.

To measure my maturity throw a wrench into my day or week and see how I respond. Go ahead.

My days are not going the way I had planned. At all. This Thursday is the Banquet for Life. I have donations galore for the silent auction, need to polish what I am going to say that night, and shopping for a new outfit would be nice. Timmers has been home with me yesterday and now today. The boy has a feebah. That entails drinks and food, coughdrops and naps, movies and cold washcloths, temperature taking, blankies and more movies. And little boy whining. Can't forget that.

I would love to say that my initial reaction was one of quiet strength and patience with a shrugging of my shoulders and a smile knowing God was in control. It was not. Ever seen a 46 year 1 day old throw a temper tantrum?? It's not pretty.

I am getting things done. Not the way I expected but it will work out. I just know it. I will choose to trust Him. He is God and I am not. He is not finished with me yet!

I will be grateful today that I can stay home with my little boy and offer him comfort and love and coughdrops.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path. Proverbs 3:5-6

3 comments:

Carla said...

Please pray for me.

I am an introvert. I haven't been alone in 7 days.

erin said...

Praying!!

Karla with a K said...

Will pray.
Thank God I'm not the only 46 yo to throw a tantrum. You're right. Not pretty.