Monday, October 31, 2011

Fall

I have a hard time in the season of autumn. I have probably written about this before. Don't remember. Can't recall. Bear with me.
I usually gain weight, feel sad and blue despite how wonderful things go, have no desire to do much of anything. I question my behavior and figure I am just lazy or tired or sick.
And then it hits me that I have lost some people in the season of autumn. The man who walked me down the aisle, Stuart died in August, 2005. Aubrey died in September, 1990. Jamie was miscarried in October, 1995 and I lost Lee in November of 2001 and my beloved Grandma Nora passed away in November, 1979.
I am grieving with hope. And I am going to be ok.

7 comments:

kristi noser said...

grieving with you my friend.
xoxo

Brenda said...

I don't know if it helps, but you are an inspiration to me, and we've never met. Wishing you peace.

Carla said...

That does help, Brenda!! I appreciate that very much.

Julie said...

I agree with Brenda...while you may be grieving (and that's okay!) you have not sat back and become a victim of what life has brought your way. You've reached out to others and shared Aubrey's story in an effort to help others. God will bless you for all you do!

I enjoy reading your blog...this is only the 2nd time I've commented...I need to comment more often. :0)

Carla said...

Hello Julie!!

Thank you for your kind words. Writing is very cathartic for me and I do know that God has helped others in reading my "stuff."

Thank you for reading my blog and I eagerly await your 3rd comment!!! :)

Christine Spurr said...

I have issues w/ fall too... Lots of old stuff always revisits me this time of year... Hugs my friend.

Carla said...

Hello Christine,

I am sorry that you struggle in the fall too. We are in this together. If you ever want to talk you know where to find me.

I will be praying for you. And Hugs right back!!