Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Wintah

I am sure much of the nation and the world thinks those that live in the Midwest parts of the US are insane.(the temp was -4 this morning)I have lived with the four seasons for 45 years now. Ya.Sure.YouBetcha. There is something I love about each and every one. There are memories to be made with children that want to swim and have fun in the sun, rake leaves and have bonfires, go sledding, ice skating and snowboarding, wear shorts and tshirts to school and go for a family bike ride.
After a particularly harsh winter with mountains of snow and windchills of -30, spring seems like more of a miracle to me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ya.you.betcha! Best line - apart from all the other sentiments listed here.
:) I LOVE 4 seasons too ... I grew up with 2 in Alaska - summer and winter ... LOL!

Kandi said...

No change of seasons was one of the worst things about living in Texas. I missed spring and fall the most.