Thursday, September 23, 2010

Kisses

13 year old Joshua still hugs me and holds my hand and has tried to sit in my lap.(He's 5'7 and weighs 160-not gonna happen)Last night I puckered up for a good night kiss on the lips from my teenager. Just to see what would happen.
Josh "What? What are you doing?"
Mom "Kiss me goodnight."
Josh "What? Why?"
Mom "Kiss your mother goodnight."
Josh "No."
Mom "Kiss my hand."
Josh "No."
Mom "Kiss my cheek."
Josh "No."
Mom "Kiss my elbow goodnight then."
Josh. "Ok."

We were both still laughing about that this morning.

10 comments:

Karla with a K said...

Wow, 5'7?!
I thought it seemed like the gap between him and Sarah was getting bigger, like in the WALMART picture.
(I won't ask your weight) but how tall are you? Pat seems tall, too, well, what you can tell from looking at a photo taken at arm's-length.

(so if your not talking about joints with your preschooler then your kissing them with your middler. I love your family!)

Jana from Running Vegetarian said...

Carla,
You and your relationship with your kids reminds me so much of my relationship with my mom.

This post in particular reminded me of when I used to crawl on my mom's lap (age 13) and say "rock me like a baby" HAHA I love my mama sooo much! :)

PS my word verification is karla

Carla said...

Thank you, Jana. As I have never had a close relationship to either of my own parents that means a lot to me.

I love my children.

Carla said...

I am 5'4. Joshua passed me up last summer.
Patrick is 5'11.

Karla with a K said...

I'm 5'4 also, and Peter just inched passed me this summer.

Carla said...

Karla,
Good times!! :) I know that we have other differences but it seems crazy that we so much in common. Except the first letter of our names.

Karla with a K said...

I know.

Jana from Running Vegetarian said...

Carla,
I bet your kids refer to you as the cool mom. ;) You are also taller than me. I am 5'3". Dan, my husband, is 6'2".

erin said...

I am much taller in person than I am in my blog.

Carla said...

I've always thought that, Erin.