Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Praying For You

My heart is heavy tonight. I have too many friends that are in pain. Facing cancer, grieving their first Christmas without their loved ones, struggling with extended family issues and losing their jobs. They are suffering. I long to take it all away for them. If only I could, I would sweep your burdens away with the wind, my sweet folks as you have wanted to sweep away mine. I celebrate the birth of King Jesus and hurt at the same time. I am praying for you. All of you who are hurt and lonely and feeling so lost. I am praying that Jesus become even more real to you in the painful moments of the season you find yourselves in. That you see Him and feel Him in unexpected ways and in quiet moments you hear Him whisper your name. He is calling and beckoning you to come, all you who are weary and heavy laden. Come and you shall find rest. That is His promise. That is my prayer.

Answer me quickly, O Lord; my spirit fails. Do not hide your face from me or I will be like those who go down to the pit. Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul. Psalm 143:7-8

6 comments:

blackbelt said...

Not so Playful Banter:
You are a wonderful person.

Hugs across the miles.

Carla said...

Hugs back to you, blackbelt oma.

LadyD said...

I do not have a current church directory...Is Melissa the wife of Jason who is in charge of the Awana Sparks program? Mikayla thinks so, she helps him on Wednesdays. We met them at Burton's party with you, but I can't remember her name...I know that he said they have 2 adopted girls? Maybe from China? And had a biological daughter soon after? Do you know if this is the Melissa in the prayer request section of the church website? I didn't remember if their last name was Anton. I am hoping it is not them, they are far too young~

Carla said...

I am not sure of her first name either but yes the Antons are facing cancer.

Anonymous said...

You're in my thoughts and prayers.
God Bless.

Sandra said...

Amen, Carla.