Thursday, November 20, 2008

A Dash of Plans

I had so much planned for today. The Littles were heading to a friends house. I had set up two appointments, grocery shopping and much needed ME TIME. Sad to say, Timmers has a fever, is coughing and needs his Momma. It is times like these that bring out the martyr in me. I'll never get time to myself. It figures. I might have known something like this would happen. WAH. I have decided to shut those thoughts down and focus. My children need me. I stay home to be there for them. I can reschedule. Sitting on the couch holding my loved ones is one of my favorite hobbies. God has a different plan for my day and I trust it is better than anything I can imagine or plan.

6 comments:

kristi noser said...

good mindset

Anonymous said...

You have a good attitude, Carla. I am a martyr too. I hope Tim feels better soon!

Cara said...

You are a good Mommy.

Carla said...

PS
That doesn't mean that after 5 1/2 of FUSS BOY I didn't want to scratch my eyes out......

Unknown said...

My mom is my best friend. I truly believe it was because she worked out of our home. She was always there when I went to school, when I got home and when I was sick. I'm sure she had to put up with it a lot. I have a very close relationship with my mom now.

Carla said...

Jana,
Thank you for sharing that. It is not easy to be a SAHM but I do hope my children remember that I was there to send them off and welcome them back. :)