Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Cars

The following is considered a Classic Carla story by my husband. We always have a good laugh about it and I thought I would share.
My first car was a 1980 blue Chevy Chevette. After a time I lost the muffler, someone stole the stereo(tapedeck!), I had to prop the hatch with a 2x4, no heat, no a/c and the clutch was slipping. I had saved a tidy sum to put down on a newer car.
Patrick and I went used car shopping. I was test driving quite a few that day and hopped from lot to lot. After taking a spin in one Carla Car I was backing up into the parking spot and Hit.The.Parking.Lot.Light. BAM! Yeah. This light had concrete as its base and I surveyed the damage to a car that was not mine. Scratch and Dent, people. The used car salesman had not seen or heard and came out to ask me what I thought of the car.
"Um, it's really not what I had in mind. I mean I like it, but you got anything else I could look at?"(Anything else that hadn't just been in an accident in the lot?)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL!!!

Katie R. said...

Oh I bet your heart was a pumpin'. That was a close one.

Kara Jo said...

You didn't?!

Carla said...

Oh, but I did. I did a lot of things BC.

theswamphare said...

At least it didn't electrocute you...