Sunday, May 18, 2008

Learning

Things I have learned this week:

1. When the Streams head to the park we can usually clear out all other families in about 15 seconds what with the yelling, screaming, and fighting of our hooligans.

2. When Timothy says, "Pay Deet." I must say no. He is asking to play in the street. Fool me once, buddy.

3. When off on our FBR(Family Bike Ride)expect torrential rains and an amazing windsheer. No worries. The rain will stop and the sun will come out when we hit our driveway.

4. When Timothy blows out a diaper at 8:25am, Momma can still give him a bath, get him dressed and in the van for church by 8:35am.

5. When you score a Buzz Lightyear bathrobe for Nathan at a yard sale, it is of little consequence that the name Gavin is embroidered on the right pocket.

6. When you ask your 11 year old son to help you in the church nursery, you will have to reprimand him more than any of the 3 year olds in the class.

7. When one of your children gets glasses, expect all other children to suddenly become as blind as bats.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hilarious! I'm laughing WITH you... (you were laughing, right?)

And in 10 minutes? Very impressive.

Carla said...

My rule is I only blog about it when it seems humorous to me. Some things just are NOT funny yet. :)

theswamphare said...

Did you find it yet? If so, is it funny yet?

Carla said...

ALL trash has been taken out. Hoping that solves the mystery.

Kara Jo said...

#4: Go Momma!
#5: Ha!

Anonymous said...

btw, is Josh sporting Salon Carla like the littles? If so, I think you missed your calling.

Carla said...

Josh and Mom go to So So Clips.

Katie R. said...

You've earned yourself a nap, whew!

LadyD said...

Carla.
It is Tuesday afternoon.
Where have you gone?
Are you sick?
Do the kids have you tied up?!
Somebody check on Carla.....

jk
:)

Carla said...

What I want to post about isn't funny to me yet. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're okay, Carla. I was worried about you too. :)

theswamphare said...

Doesn't mean it wouldn't be funny to us...