Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Exchange

I had my very first Cookie Exchange this week! Very fun and fat free. Now I feel the need to let you know just what went on in my life to produce 72 cookies to get me there. 72.
I went on a cookie website and found a Pecan Praline cookie that said it made 84. Cool. I started making them on Sunday afternoon. I ended up making about 9 Pecan Praline Pancakes. AUGH! Think, Carla, think! Since I try to stick to using only 3 ingredients when I bake I went to my old standby. Renamed them Carla's Plan B Cookies but they are really called I Can't Believe It's A Cookie. Should have maybe gone with I Can't Believe It's A Christmas Cookie.
My loving husband Pat heard the clatter and came upstairs to see what was the matter. I had most of them made and he said,"These aren't Christmas cookies." I burst into tears.

1 cup white sugar
1 cup peanut butter
1 egg
Oven 350 8-10 min. Makes 30 cookies

15 comments:

theswamphare said...

Well, Duh...you left out the yellow snow!


vdfhgym were my word verification letters; I don't think 'VD" and 'Gym' need to be in the same group...

Anonymous said...

I really can't believe that's a cookie.

But it sounds yummy to me!

Carla said...

Give it a whirl!

Unknown said...

Your loving husband is also an idiot. I was just wanting you to push through the crisis and stick to your main goal. My motivational theory of speaking the truth (before love)doesn't always work in practice. I love you babe!

Carla said...

I Still Can't Believe It's Not A Christmas Cookie Pat

erin said...

I'm gonna try it!

Did you hear that Swampy has VD?

kristi noser said...

AND eats yellow snow mixed up to look like cookie batter?

kristi noser said...

love it when I can comment right after Erin...

MaryLu said...

LOL, enjoying the banter, no comment really.

Carla said...

marylu,
It's best to let them go. After awhile they take it to their own blogs.

theswamphare said...

Hey, if you add butter and eggs it is cookie batter...

And Carla, your cookies are Very Delicious

kristi noser said...

THAT'S IT SWAMPY, GO TO YOUR BLOG!

zcoffeegirl said...

No crying here...good to laugh..thanks..I needed that.

Carla..throw some red m&m's in the batter...wonder if that would work? That's Christmas...

erin said...

Even better--red and green!
Is this really a cookie?
I'm going to be really p.o.'d if this turns into nastiness in my oven tonight.

NoOtherName said...

I say any cookie is a Christmas cookie if eaten at Christmastime!