Monday, September 17, 2007

Math

Just tried to "help" my 4th grader with math. 4th grade Math. Yikes. I couldn't make heads or tails of it, man! In my defense I was getting the littles up from their naps, helping Sarah with her homework and starting supper at the time this worksheet was shoved at me. A parallelogram is a quadrangle that has 2 pairs of parallel sides. Is a rectangle a parallelogram? Is a square a parallelogram? Is a square a rhombus?(What's a rhombus?!)Is a trapezoid a parallelogram?(What's a trapezoid?!)Draw a quadrangle that has at least 1 right angle. Draw a quadrangle that has 2 pairs of equal sides but is NOT a parallelogram. Josh answered yes or no and drew some shapes and will be asking Daddy to check it over when he gets home from work.

12 comments:

kristi noser said...

I'm so glad Poppers has a new job and can help with homework now. My math skills stop dead at the 6th grade. But in your defense, I hardly understood what you said in that post. Drangle what?

Anonymous said...

Carla, I feel your pain. This fall I have been working with Emily on fractions. She will be studying them most of the school year. Greatest common denominators. Yuck.

Carla said...

Drangle me a par a lell o gram and a trap e zoid. and a fraction.

kristi noser said...

But does a fraction of a parallelogram have two sides or three? Are they parallel?

kristi noser said...

parallelagram?
how the heck do you spell that anyway?

Anonymous said...

Does it have anything to do with being a paralegal?

Bananas said...

I refuse to believe that "quandrangle" is a real thing.

Carla said...

Ok then. Hats off to the Daddy who stayed up online until 10pm doing the worksheet. A drangle that has 2 equal sides but is not a parallelogram is called a kite, people! I hope Pat gets a good grade.
Whats a quadtrapdranglefractezoid?!

Anonymous said...

The internet is a wonderful thing of course.

I started looking for an answer at 9:55 pm.

Butrfly Garden said...

I can't WAIT to see what NB brings home this year! Last year (fourth!) was a killer for us! I was on the internet trying to solve all these problems! (Try AOL Homework Buddy!)

This year, his teacher sent her home phone number in case we have questions. I think I love her.

Carla said...

Update-we only got one wrong on the worksheet! Apparently a square is a rhombus! Who knew?
Butrfly-good luck with 5th grade Math this year! I am with ya all the way!

Sarahviz said...

That totally just made my brain hurt!