Monday, June 18, 2007

First Time Again

If you thought that Sarah would be fine heading to summer school, you would be sadly mistaken. Me too. I pointed out to my girl that it is held at the same school she attends all year. Yes! I also pointed out that her first class is in her old room. Yes! I waved to all of her friends already there and patting the carpet beside them and yelling her name. Yes! Her lip started trembling and she buried her face into my side. No! I became annoyed. I rewound my braintape back to toddlerSarah and placing her in the nursery at church. Strangely similar. Note to us-assume that Sarah has never been anywhere and EVERY experience is a first for her. It will save you and I a lot of frustration.

2 comments:

moosh in indy. said...

It's a phase right? Totally a phase?
Eh. That's what they'll tell you.

Carla said...

Childhood is a phase, methinks.